EXT Comms: Extension Translation Services
From Judy Bingman
…Read more Less…
Illinois Extension strives to serve diverse populations in our communities, including those with Limited English Proficiencies who do not speak English as their primary language and may have limited ability to speak, read, and understand English, which may limit their participation in Extension programs.
It's the right thing to do: Federal agencies are required to provide LEP individuals with meaningful access to federal programs and activities under Executive Order 13166.
Today, Monique Rivera, Illinois Extension translation specialist, discusses:
- Immigration Histories in Illinois
- Linguistic Diversity in Illinois
- Why Language Access Matters
- Interpretation vs. Translation
- The Translation Process
- Translation Policy and Request Process