How to Use Canvas Scheduler
From Emelie Mies
…Read more Less…
Here’s how to use the Canvas Scheduler to allow students to sign up for presentations, review sessions, office hours, etc.:
Create the Schedule
- From the far left Global Navigation Menu, click the Calendar icon.
- On the far right, ensure that the box next to your desired course is selected.
- In the upper right corner, click the + icon.
- From the top tabs, click Appointment Group.
- Enter a name for the appointment group. For this example, we’ll title the group ‘Individual Presentations.’
- If desired, enter a location.
- In the Calendar drop-down box, select the desired course and click Done.
- Enter the desired date and time. Have multiple days for this event? Select another date and add another time range.
- Enter the length of each slot in the “Divide into equal slots of XX minutes” area and click Go. This step is essential. Want to revise the number of slots? Just click ‘X’ to delete.
- Enter the desired options and any details.
- In the lower right corner, click Publish.
- Copy the URL in the browser bar at the top of your screen.
Link the Sign-up Sheet
- Navigate to the desired course using the courses button on the left global navigation menu.
- From the left course navigation menu, click Settings.
- From the top tabs, select Apps.
- Click the Redirect Tool, illustrated by the blue arrow.
- Click Add App.
- Enter the name of your desired new menu item and paste the URL in the URL Redirect box.
- Select Show in Course Navigation and click Add App in the lower right corner.
- Refresh your screen.
- From the top tabs, select Navigation.
- Drag and drop items into the desired order.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Save.
Message Students Using the Calendar Feature
- From the left course menu, click the sign-up link.
- To message an individual student who has signed up, click the calendar icon in the appropriate row, select Message Students in the bottom left corner, type the message, and click Send.
- To message all students, click the calendar icon in any row, select Group Details, scroll to the ‘Appointments’ section, click Message Students, select the desired option from the drop-down menu, enter the message, and click Send.
Confirm that everything displays correctly and contact CITL's Instructional Support & Training team if you have any questions.