International Cooking Show- Kısır
From Kerstin Wolf on 04/5/2021
…Read more Less…
This recording is of the International Cooking Show from April 5th, 2021 featuring Ayşegül Kozak making kısır, a Turkish bulgur salad.
- 1.5 cup extra fine bulgur - needs to be extra fine, not regular. This can be found at Walmart, Target, or any international stores in Urbana. (https://www.walmart.com/ip/DuruLegumes-Extra-Fine-Bulgur-2-2lb/23677193)
- 1 cup water, boiling water
- 8-9 green onions
- 1 whole bunch of parsley
- 1/2 fresh bunch of mint
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red pepper paste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Pomegranate sour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- Red pepper flakes
- Lemon juice (half lemon)
- Place the wheat (bulgur) into a glass bowl and add boiling water, cover and put aside.
- Slice all the greens into small pieces.
- Mix half of the salt in a bowl with the sliced green onions
- Mix the olive oil, tomato and pepper pastes, and all the spices in a bowl.
- Mix them all (bulgur, olive oil mix, and greens) together and add lemon juice and pomegranate syrup. Adjust the sourness, heat, and salt to your taste.
- Serve it on lettuce leaves.
- Bon appétit!